a database directory of every literary work by a Liberian Author or work about Liberia.
a global Literary Library for future generations.
The library is a great place to explore literary works on Liberia and by Liberian authors.
Liberia Literary Society is a 501 (c)(3) non-partisan, non-profit organization, dedicated to promoting Liberian Authors and Liberia Literary Works.
The Liberia Literary Society organization’s mission is to preserve Liberia literary works for future generations; to motivate and acknowledge individuals and organizations whose coordinated efforts are being offered through their talents, skills and substance without political or religious influence; to support initiatives that improve prospects on reading, literacy, and education.
HOW YOU CAN HELP
Donate to the cost of Book Publication, Workshops, Educational Resources, Scholarships, cost of School Supplies, Teacher Training & Salary, Workbooks Production, and Shipping.
Buy Enchanting Voices book, (available online) 100% of the proceeds go toward scholarships and educational resources.
Sponsor a Child: Help a child grow up educated. Our 2-year program includes a backpack with 9 Teacher Jeanette Kinder Kollege Pre-K, Kindergarten, and 1st Grade workbooks & School Supplies. Donate $125.00 per child.
Fundraise: Help raise money for Liberia Literary Society on Facebook by creating a fundraiser.
AmazonSmile is a program where Amazon donates to your favorite charity at no extra cost when you shop at smile.amazon.com. Every eligible purchase you make at smile.amazon.com will result in a donation. We are registered with the amazonSmile program. Please choose Liberia Literary Society as your charity when you shop.
Volunteer: From one-time opportunities to ongoing partnerships, become a kindergarten and elementary school teacher to help students learn and apply important concepts.
- Publish Liberia Literary Society Newsletter (Quarterly Magazine)
- Book Collection for Schools and Organizations
- Promote literary activities — Writing Contest
- Promote Liberia literature in the digital age
- Create an online library — a resource database; an organized record of books on Liberia and/or by Liberian Authors
- LLS Annual Achievement Awards — awarded based entirely on members votes; in the following categories Best (Fiction, Non-fiction, Children’s Book, Science, Technology, Text Book, Poetry & Essay, Journalism, Sports, Law, Business & Finance, Juvenile, and Politics)
- Fundraising to support LLS Campaigns — Educational Projects, Scholarships, Publishing
Add your logo here . . . become a Platinum Honorary Member by donating $300 or more.
Please Support Our Sponsors
Now is the time to build the infrastructure needed to preserve and promote Liberia literary works, learn about Liberia literary contributors and share resources. We need your help. Participation and donations are needed to make it happen.
To ensure their legacies will not be lost, the mission of the Liberia Literary Society Hall of Fame is to honor and preserve Liberia’s rich and diverse literary heritage by commemorating its literary leaders who have shared their words of wisdom and encouragement.
For the purposes of induction into the LLS Hall of Fame, a Liberian writer is defined as one who is a born or naturalized Liberian, or self-identified as a Liberian, regardless of age.
Writers selected for induction into the LLS Hall of Fame meet the following criteria:
- The writer is acclaimed nationally or internationally;
- The quality of the work is exemplary;
- The writer has influenced the development and appreciation of literature in Liberia, including all genres; and
- The writer has achieved a formative and significant place in the history of Liberia literary works.
Inductions are held every year, starting with 2019 as its inaugural. Inductees are selected by a committee of LLS board members. The goal is to choose inclusively from the vast pool of novelists, poets, short story writers, playwrights, journalists and storytellers of all sorts who are Liberians.
Suggestions for inductees should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org